These are a few recipes using Thin Mint Cookies from the Girl Scout website that I thought looked amazing! Peppermint Cheesecake, Thin Mint Popcorn and Thin Mint Cupcakes! I will be definitely be trying these out when our mints arrive!
If you haven’t seen any cute Girl Scouts knocking on your door or seen any at the local grocery store, I am posting my daughter’s store below. (Her troop is saving for a trip next summer to Costa Rica where they will be participating in a Global Community Project.)
These amazing cookies are available online and she will be selling until March 25 ,2019! The cookies will come directly from the bakery to your house!
No matter where you buy your Girl Scout Cookies- Thank you so much for supporting Girl Scouts! AND.. if you get to try any of these recipes before I do, let me know how it turns out!
Peppermint Chip Cheesecake
Prep: 20 min.; Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) Thin Mints® Girl Scout Cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3–4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the cream, extracts, and food coloring if desired. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
Bake at 325° for 50–60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Thin Mints® Popcorn
Created by: Amber Szydlo
Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 10 cups plain popped popcorn
- 25 Girl Scout Thin Mints® cookies, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 cup Andes creme de menthe baking chips
In a large bowl, combine popcorn and half of the crushed Thin Mints® cookies. In a microwave, melt baking chips with shortening; stir until smooth. Pour over popcorn mixture; toss to coat.
Immediately spread onto waxed paper; sprinkle with remaining crushed Thin Mints® cookies. Melt baking chips in microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn; let stand until set.
Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Thin Mints® Cupcakes
Created by: Crystal Oliver
Prep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) Girl Scout Thin Mints® cookies, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
Preheat oven to 350°. Reserve six Thin Mints® cookies for garnish. For truffles, place remaining Thin Mints® cookies in a food processor; process until finely crushed. Add cream cheese; process until blended. Roll into twenty-four 1-1/2-in. balls.
Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions. Drop 1 tablespoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Place one truffle in center of cup. Fill two-thirds full with remaining batter.
Bake 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract. Cool ganache 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter, shortening, vanilla and salt until creamy. Beat in baking cocoa and milk alternately with enough confectioners’ sugar to reach spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes; drizzle with ganache. Garnish with reserved Thin Mints® cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
If you would like to check out a few other Girl Scout Cookie Recipes, click on Menu at the top or just click one of the links below..
- Girl Scout Cookie Recipe – Fried Samoas Shrimp!
- Girl Scout Thin Mint Brownies
- Girl Scout Tagalong (Peanut Butter Patties) Recipes