Posted in Crafts, Daisy/Brownie Crafts

Girl Scout Cookie “Headbandz” Game

Girl Scouts, cookies, game, Daisies
“Headbandz” Girl Scout Cookie Game

This is a fun game that I made for my Girl Scout Daisies so they can practice learning each cookie.

Materials Needed

A printout of each cookie

An index card

Pack of headbands (7 for $1 at Dollar Tree)

Hot Glue

 

 

 

 

I simply cut out each cookie and used hot glue to glue the paper cards to the index card and then to the headband. I wanted to make them a little stronger than just paper.

My Daisies will take turns wearing the different headbands and practice naming the cookies using clues that the other scout gives them. They will try and guess the cookie that they are wearing, which they cannot see.

girl scout, cookies, game
Girl Scout Cookie “headbandz”

Special thanks to Oompy for the idea!

Advertisements
Posted in Daisy/Brownie Crafts, Girl Scout Crafts

Daisy/Brownie Reindeer Ornaments

A couple of weeks ago, my co-leaders and I were looking for some fun, easy ornaments for our Daisy and Brownie Girl Scouts to complete.  Our girls had 2 ½ hours to go to 10 different stations making crafts to take home – this was called a Make and Take Workshop.  

 While researching, we came across this great site called littlebitfunky.com in which she had made these adorable reindeer ornaments.  (check her out for her version and a few different variations) We decided to try them out with a few modifications.  The result: an easy, cheap, awesome craft that our girls and parents loved.

A few of the finished products…

IMG_5556

The only things we needed were some brown paint, a black Sharpie, red sticker gems (original was done with red paint) and an ornament for each girl.  Sharpies we had, brown paint was $.50 at Walmart, red gem stickers were $1.99 and the ornaments were only $3.00 for 12.  So far, so good!

How to make it

  1. The girls wrote their names and the year at the bottom of the ornament.  (Great keepsake for parents or grandparents)
  2. Next, they put their thumb in the brown paint and added their print to the ornament.  I had them do it thick since we were only adding 1 print.
  3. Their ornaments were allowed to dry for about 10-15 min.  Once dry, they added the antlers, and a red gem to stand for Rudolph’s nose.

They looked super cute and the girls couldn’t wait to put them on their tree.  

 

Special thanks to littlebitfunky.com for the original idea.