Kahoot Time!! My students absolutely love hearing that. They are usually very quick to get out their computers and log into Kahoot in record time.
If you have never used Kahoot! before, you can create them for about anything. The registration is completely free. Click here to read my blog introduction to Kahoots. My husband even created one for my birthday to test our family’s knowledge! Our students absolutely love them and love competing against each other
The following Kahoots are a few that my 5th graders have used to assist with their fraction knowledge.
- Least Common Denominator – This quick warm up was adapted from user SrR3ss and has 5 questions. Students play this game to quickly practice finding the least common denominator.
- Simplifying Fractions – This game has 13 questions in which students practice simplifying fractions. Included is 10 math questions and 3 brain break questions. For example, “Who is this lovable Disney character?” Feel free to make a copy and delete these or add to them. This kahoot was adapted from user gretchenp.
- Adding Fractions – This kahoot has 10 questions with 8 of them using math and 2 quick brain break questions. This was adapted from user petty415.
- Adding and Subtracting Mixed Numbers – This kahoot was used as a review before our quiz. It contained 8 questions: 2 brain breaks, 2 word problems, 3 adding and subtracting with regrouping and 1 converting improper numbers to mixed numbers.
If you need a quick assessment tool or would just like to play a quick game, then Kahoot just may be for you. All you need is a mobile device (computer, tablet, phone) and your children and/or students will love it!
If you’ve never used a Kahoot before, please check out my Kahoot Introduction. If you would like to see some other kahoots, I have several with different topics that I made under menu, Kahoots or just click anything below..
- Rounding and Comparing Decimals Kahoot
- Kahoot- Natural Disasters- 3rd Grade
- Division & Estimation Kahoot
- Decimal Place Value Kahoot
- Base 10 Exponents Kahoot