For my son’s 9th birthday, he decided he wanted a Minecraft theme. This was a lot of fun to make and he was so excited!
For the cake, we used Rice Krispy Treats which the kids thought was super cool. Due to his food allergies, we made ours from scratch but you could also buy a Rice Krispy Sheet or tray that is already made for easier prep. The best thing about making them from scratch or using a tray is that you can cut the squares any size that you would like. We used a 9 x 13 in pan, blue jello for the water, plain Rice Krispy treats for the sand, and Cocoa Rice Krispy treats with green icing for the dirt and grass. Add a few Minecraft Mini Figures like Steve and some Cows or Zombies and done!
She used hot glue to glue all of the plates to foam board which she also glued together. The result is in the picture. It was a great addition to the party.
Now for the awesome food!
I wish I could tell you how my friend made the super cute signs, but I’m not totally sure. I believe she used Google Images to cut and paste them together. However, I can tell you how I made the food.
- Carrots – baby carrots
- Sticks – pretzel sticks
- Cookies – small chocolate chip cookies
- Trap Doors- Window Pretzels
- Diamonds – Blue hard candy (we bought ours at Party City, but attaching the Amazon link here in case you need a lot of them)
- Emeralds – same as Diamonds, except in green
- Iron – Hershey Nuggets
- Gold- Hershey Nuggets
- Mushrooms – these were fun, white jumbo puffy marshmallows topped with red icing and white chocolate chips.
- Watermelon – watermelon taffy
Add Sprite bottles with labels peeled and turned into Creepers with a sharpie, and green party cups and a party was made!
If you would like to see some other themed birthday parties, click menu and birthday parties or click any of the links below.