Need a great looking birthday table for a Lego party? Here are a few instructions to create one in just minutes.
- First- buy a roll of green Bubble Wrap like the one made by Duck. You can buy small or large rolls depending on how many tables you would like to cover. The bubble wrap is used for the land area of your table.
- Next, buy some dark blue table cloths. This will serve as the water. I bought mine at Walmart for a dollar each.
- Finally put the blue table cloth down and use the bubble wrap as a runner.
We did that on every table, including the present table. You can choose to leave it or if you want to put out yellow cups and plates to add to the theme, you can. I bought our yellow plates and cups for a dollar a set at Walmart.
Now if you have time and would like to add another cool touch, you will need to be armed with a computer and a black Sharpie.
- One of my best friends actually did this for me. She used a black Sharpie to draw faces on each of the yellow cups and plates.
- She searched Lego faces on Google Images and then free drew each face. She then added some sunglasses, chops, eyepatches and other features to make them a little more creative. For some of the girls, the faces even had lipstick on.
The final product is pictured above. The kids at my son’s party loved the table and had a lot of fun showing off their plates and cups to their parents.